- You will need local admin access on the machine where you plan to install the Fidesic QuickBooks Module.
- The Module must be installed in the location where QuickBooks is installed.
- If you are upgrading you will need to uninstall all previous module versions.
- This can be done through standard windows control panels “Add Remove Programs” function.
- Implementation must be done as a WINDOWS ADMINISTARTOR during all steps. Whenever possible to “run application as administrator”, please do so to avoid any issues.
In order to use Fidesic with Quickbooks, you will need to install a process that will integrate with Quickbooks. If you are using a typical installation of Quickbooks on your machine, you can install the process using the following link:
If you are using a Citrix environment, the installation process is slightly different. Instead of the above link, you will need to install two files. The first is the Quickbooks SDK, which can be accessed using the following link:
This is a required installation in order for the Fidesic process to work correctly. You may receive an error when trying to process using Fidesic if this is not installed. Once that is installed, you can install the process using the link below:
https://api.fidesic.com/downloads/QBDesktopCitrix/SetupFidesicForQB.msiRunning Installer (MAKE SURE TO RUN AS WINDOWS ADMINISTRATOR)
- Module Download from the links above for the correct installation.
- Open the executable file ( right click and run as administrator)
- Follow Prompts (this installer will complete without a confirmation at the end)
- A new "Fidesic for QB" will be placed on the desktop of the installation computer.
Completing Install in QuickBooks
- Open QuickBooks and login in single user mode.
- A security prompt will pop up for the company you log in as.
- Select Yes, Always option and then click OK
- From there you should be able to login and begin normal processing.