When you open Fidesic for QuickBooks either for the first time or after an software update, you may get the following error:
Open QuickBooks: This application has not accessed this QuickBooks company data file before. The QuickBooks administrator must grant an application permission to access a QuickBooks company data file for the first time.
- Log into QuickBooks as the admin user.
- Switch to single user mode.
- Go to the Edit menu and click Preferences.
- Highlight the Integrated Applications preferences and make sure the Company Preferences tab is selected.
- Highlight any listings for Fidesync and remove them from the list.
- Click OK to close out of and save the preferences.
- Open Fidesic for QuickBooks and attempt to sync with QuickBooks.
- A screen should be showing in QuickBooks asking you to grant Fidesic for QuickBooks permission to access your data. Select 'Yes, whenever this QuickBooks file is open'.
- Click continue to finish the process. Once complete Fidesic for QuickBooks should be able to sync with QuickBooks again.